jump to navigation

Macedonian citizens to return from Egypt with “Turkish Airlines” February 1, 2011

Posted by Yilan in Egypt, Macedonia, Turkey.
Tags: , ,
trackback

Macedonian nationals, requesting to be evacuated from Egypt as protests in the country are escalating, will be transported in Macedonia with a plane of Turkey’s national carrier “Turkish Airlines”. They are expected to arrive on February 3.

Macedonian nationals, requesting to be evacuated from Egypt as protests in the country are escalating, will be transported in Macedonia with a plane of Turkey’s national carrier “Turkish Airlines”. They are expected to arrive on February 3.

Macedonian Ambassador to Egypt Mile Manolev stated that the number of those registering in the Cairo embassy to come back to Macedonia was reducing and that the final number would be determined after they were informed about the route and price of plane ticket.

“Those registering are mainly students, post-graduates and Macedonian citizens living there with their families,” Manolev said adding the embassy had no information whether there were Macedonian tourists in Egypt.

The Macedonian embassy in Cairo remains open, but its activities are reduced due to the ongoing riots in the country.

Since the situation in Egypt is deteriorating, later in the day, all foreign ambassadors will be convened at a meeting in Egypt’s Foreign Ministry in order to be informed about the newest developments in the country.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs recommends that the citizens of Macedonia avoid travelling to Egypt in the forthcoming period taking into account the violent protests and demonstrations taking place across the entire territory of Egypt, as well as the possibilities of them continuing and escalating, it says in a press release.

The protests across major cities continue, while the army and police exercise limited control. The entire country is under a curfew, which, for the most part, is not being observed by the demonstrators. As of today, the ban on movement has been extended and is now in force from 15:00 hrs in the afternoon to 08:00 hrs the other morning. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls upon all Macedonian nationals happening to be there to abide by the restrictions introduced by the Egyptian authorities.

Although its flight schedule has been disrupted, Cairo airport remains open. Telephone lines are still unreliable and there is no internet connection at all.

Tour operators are advised to prepare the return of the Macedonian tourists they had previously sent to Egypt.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises the Macedonian citizens to regularly follow the situation in Egypt and urges those who are still there to prepare to leave the country.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs would also like to inform that the Embassy of the Republic of Macedonia in Cairo will remain open, all for the purpose of providing advice, guidelines and assistance to all Macedonian nationals in Egypt, as well as to provide its assistance in their individual or organized departure from the country.

 

Advertisements

Comments»

No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: